Waiting for a Mentor
These young people are looking for a mentor. Could it be you?
- Zayden is an energetic 9 year old. He enjoys Legos, video games, and playing outdoors. He is looking for a mentor to help him focus and work on math and reading.
- Damian is a shy but outgoing 16 year old. He enjoys Minecraft, riding bike, electronics, and playing in the woods. He is looking for a mentor to spend one on one time with and get out of the house.
Quite a W I D E range of interests sums up this 5 year old girl. From getting dolled up in pretend make-up and playing dress-up to running and jumping off her extra energy outside while she partakes in her favorite pastime ~ collecting BuGs! The other thing about Miss Olivia, when you see her doing any one of these things we bet you’ll catch her doin’ them dressed in pink as that is her favorite color!
- Tristin is a 13 year old young man who is looking for someone to guide him and teach him some ‘manly man’ things. When asked what he would like to do when a Mentor is found for him, he answered with a simple “Anything, just spend time together.” Tristin’s all-time favorite meal is Beef Stroganoff, served over noodles of course! His favorite color is Red and he enjoys Football. When asked if there was anything he might like to try out with his Mentor, he said he always thought about trying Archery. If you think you just may have an extra quiver sitting with your hunting supplies that you’ve been meaning to blow the dust off of, why not make the call and find out more about becoming Tristin’s Mentor.
- John is a very friendly 16 year old who has a big heart and is funny. John enjoys swimming and playing video games. He is looking for a mentor to get him out of the house to try new things.
- Jackson is a 9 year old boy who enjoys coin collecting, BMX biking, and cats. Jackson tells us he has 6 cats. Jackson loves to go magnet fishing and is intrigued by just about everything train or railroad related. Jackson says he is pretty excited to meet his mentor as long as they are NOT a fan of roller coasters cuz those he can do without!
- 15-year-old Callie is a quiet, shy and reserved young lady who has a sharp, witty and dark sense of humor. Her quick wit and dark humor often leave her feeling misunderstood, sad, and to quote her “depressed, useless, pathetic, and lonely”. Callie is extremely into art and music. She also enjoys reading and video games. She is not into sports at all, she doesn’t want to watch them or participate in them. A sketchpad, pencils, and a rock in a field to sit upon are right up her alley. Maybe overlooking some horses, or a barn, or old buildings to draw. If you can relate to or remember feeling some of the same “feelings” maybe there is a reson you came across this bio to read… Just maybe this would be the right match for you.
- Taylynn is a 5 year-old girly-girl through and through. She adores playing dress-up and Princess! She enjoys putting on play make-up, doing nails – you name it, all the glitzy, girly stuff you can muster up for her, she’s IN! Taylynn has a ‘sometimes’ patient twin sister that acts as her mannequin, but she’d surely like a Mentor to do these things with and more… Taylynn likes to ride her bike, go to the park, do crafts and read! Yes, she can read by herself. Taylynn lives with grandma whose mobility is limited so a Mentor who can get out and play, ride bikes and go to monthly Match Activities is just what Taylynn needs.
- “Energetic” is one word that all of us here at the Kinship House think of when we think of our 5-year-old Nevaeh! If only we could bottle that up somehow! Just like her twin sister, Nevaeh really enjoys riding her bike and going to parks. She is a big fan of reading and loves to color and paint. Like her twin sister, Nevaeh needs a Mentor who can get out and do things with her that her grandma is not able to do, that is if a Mentor can keep up with this little bundle of energy.
- Liam is a warm, kind and caring 13 year old. When asked the reason for being in Kinship, Liam responded “to work on my homework and to have someone”. If you are someone that enjoys art, the spanish language, animals (pretty much any & all, big or small), auto racing, anime and some video games, and as Liam worded it “are up to try anything new” then Liam is just the right match for you! Liam also mentioned that learning to waterski is on the top of the to do list as well!!
- Sebastyn is a happy and friendly 5 year old boy. If your energy level is running low, he’s probably responsible for it missing haha! Sebastyn is currently in kindergarten and enjoys recess as his favorite class. When he’s not in school, Sebastyn enjoys playing with his Pokemon cards, Legos, swimming, eating fast food (at McD’s!), and he is fluent in sign language. Sebastyn is really, really hoping that his Mentor is a “Biker Guy”, a “Policeman” or a “Dog Catcher”! We think those sound pretty great too and are hopeful that one of you reading this just might fit one of these descriptions (or some other exciting role), and be looking to get involved in some adventures with Sebastyn.
- What is it with these 5 year olds and their EnERgy?? Zayn is filled to the brim with 5 year old boy energy that is for certain! At the end of the day there is no stone left unturned. Zayn is very active, loves to be outdoors ~ going to parks, sledding, or riding his bike. When life keeps him inside, Zayn likes music, dancing, and reading.
If you’re looking for Jasper, that’s easy just look outside! That’s his favorite place to be and his choice of favorite activities definitely shows it! Eight year old Jasper loves fishing, swimming, boating, riding his bike, sledding, and shooting his bow. Now on the chance that Mother Nature throws a wrench in the plans, an indoor day finds him enjoying baking, board games, and believe it or not “talking”. He enjoys having someone willing to just sit with him and talk as he comes from a bigger family and one-on-one time doesn’t happen too often.
“A place I can come to if I just wanna hang out with my friends that I don’t usually get to hang out with, and do my homework.” That is how 15 year old Zayden describes the Kinship Program where he has been waiting for almost half his life for a mentor. Zayden’s major focus in life is Martial Arts. In addition to MA he just discovered he enjoys weight lifting/training. He could really use a mentor to show him the ropes of weight training. Zayden also enjoys fishing, kayaking, and pizza. He describes himself as happy, smart, talkative, and funny, and we couldn’t agree more!